Serbia: Three killed in nightclub blast
Belgrade: Police in Serbia say three people have been killed and eight others injured in a hand grenade blast at a packed village nightclub.
The explosion in Idvor, north of Belgrade, occurred at 2:30 am today (0030 GMT Sunday) when a man activated the grenade at the entrance to the club.
About 150 customers were inside at the time. Serbia`s state TV says the man was angry because he and three of his friends were refused entry by the club`s security. He and one of his friends were killed in the blast.
Such incidents aren`t unusual in Serbia since the wars in the Balkans in the 1990s when many hand grenades and firearms were taken home from warfronts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened