Serbia: Three killed in nightclub blast
Belgrade: Police in Serbia say three people have been killed and eight others injured in a hand grenade blast at a packed village nightclub.
The explosion in Idvor, north of Belgrade, occurred at 2:30 am today (0030 GMT Sunday) when a man activated the grenade at the entrance to the club.
About 150 customers were inside at the time. Serbia`s state TV says the man was angry because he and three of his friends were refused entry by the club`s security. He and one of his friends were killed in the blast.
Such incidents aren`t unusual in Serbia since the wars in the Balkans in the 1990s when many hand grenades and firearms were taken home from warfronts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad