Serbia`s NATO ambassador leaps to death: Officials
Brussels: Officials say Serbia`s ambassador to NATO committed suicide by leaping from a busy parking garage platform at Brussels airport.
A Serbian government statement said today that the envoy, Branislav Milinkovic, 52, died instantly last night.
A diplomat who could not be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the media said Milinkovic suddenly jumped from the 8-10 metre-high platform while waiting with the Serbian delegation for foreign ministry officials due to hold talks with NATO officials.
Serbia is not a member of the military alliance, but has a mission in the headquarters complex. Milinkovic, a former journalist, previously served as Serbia`s ambassador to Austria.
The death occurred during two days of meetings of NATO foreign ministers in Brussels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'