Serbia`s NATO ambassador leaps to death: Officials
Brussels: Officials say Serbia`s ambassador to NATO committed suicide by leaping from a busy parking garage platform at Brussels airport.
A Serbian government statement said today that the envoy, Branislav Milinkovic, 52, died instantly last night.
A diplomat who could not be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the media said Milinkovic suddenly jumped from the 8-10 metre-high platform while waiting with the Serbian delegation for foreign ministry officials due to hold talks with NATO officials.
Serbia is not a member of the military alliance, but has a mission in the headquarters complex. Milinkovic, a former journalist, previously served as Serbia`s ambassador to Austria.
The death occurred during two days of meetings of NATO foreign ministers in Brussels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened