Serial car bombings in Iraq: 3 killed, 53 wounded
Beijing: At least three people were killed and 53 wounded when two suicide car bombers and a car bomb struck Kurdish security forces in Iraq`s northern city of Kirkuk on Wednesday, medical and police sources told Xinhua.
The attacks occurred in the morning when a suicide bomber blew up his explosive-laden car into the entrance of the office of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, a Kurdish party headed by Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, in central the city of Kirkuk, some 250 km north of the Iraqi capital of Baghdad, the source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.
Police report said that most of the wounded were Kurdish security guards, named Peshmerga, adding that the blast destroyed part of the office building, and a civil defense team are working at the site to look for more victims.
Meanwhile, a car bomb detonated near a Kurdish security patrol in the southwestern part of Kirkuk, leaving at least one security member killed and six others wounded.
Also in the morning, another suicide car bomber struck a checkpoint at the entrance of a Kurdish security base near the town of Daquq, some 50 km south of Kirkuk, killing a Peshmerga member and wounding four others and a civilian, the source said.
The ethnically mix province of Kirkuk and its capital Kirkuk City, some 250 km north of Baghdad, are part of the disputed areas between the Kurds and both Arabs and Turkomans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof