Serial killer faces trial in Moscow
Moscow: A Russian man is set to go on trial accused of killing at least eight women in a series of murders and rapes in various regions of the country, investigators said on Wednesday.
Sergei Martynov committed the crimes between 2005 and 2010, Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin said.
"Martynov`s victims were mostly women and two young girls... in respect of one of them, Martynov committed a sexual assault and he caused serious harm to another," Markin said.
Martynov had already served 14 years for a murder involving rape in 1992. After being released, he began to kill again.
In addition to murder and sexual assault charges, Martynov is also accused of other crimes including grievous harm and disorderly conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- These 5 automakers are looking for a turnaround in India –Know
- Maruti Suzuki Swift ‘Deca’ teased
- Five effective natural home remedies for treating chikungunya!
- On mistreating women's hockey players: Indian Railways slams report, says players were not made to sit on floor
- Sushma Swaraj, John Kerry to co-chair India-US dialogue