Serial killer faces trial in Moscow
Moscow: A Russian man is set to go on trial accused of killing at least eight women in a series of murders and rapes in various regions of the country, investigators said on Wednesday.
Sergei Martynov committed the crimes between 2005 and 2010, Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin said.
"Martynov`s victims were mostly women and two young girls... in respect of one of them, Martynov committed a sexual assault and he caused serious harm to another," Markin said.
Martynov had already served 14 years for a murder involving rape in 1992. After being released, he began to kill again.
In addition to murder and sexual assault charges, Martynov is also accused of other crimes including grievous harm and disorderly conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?