Serial killer faces trial in Moscow
Moscow: A Russian man is set to go on trial accused of killing at least eight women in a series of murders and rapes in various regions of the country, investigators said on Wednesday.
Sergei Martynov committed the crimes between 2005 and 2010, Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin said.
"Martynov`s victims were mostly women and two young girls... in respect of one of them, Martynov committed a sexual assault and he caused serious harm to another," Markin said.
Martynov had already served 14 years for a murder involving rape in 1992. After being released, he began to kill again.
In addition to murder and sexual assault charges, Martynov is also accused of other crimes including grievous harm and disorderly conduct.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH