Series of explosions in Nigeria kill 25
Abuja: At least 25 people were killed in a series of explosions targeting a bus station in northern Nigeria, witnesses said.
They said the blast occurred at a bus station in Kano city where commuters making intra-city and intercity travels come to board vehicles for their journey.
Soldiers and police cordoned off the area immediately after the explosions.
An eyewitness said over phone that the explosions occurred mainly in an area called Sabon Gari when some commercial buses were filled with passengers and ready to commence their journey to the southern part of the country.
The eyewitness said he counted about 25 bodies after the blast. The police spokesman for the state of Kano, Magaji Majiya confirmed the incident but refused to disclose the casualty figure.
No group has claimed responsibility for the blasts so far but radical Islamist outfit Boko Haram has attacked Kano several times. Boko Haram is waging war to install an Islamic caliphate in the oil-rich African nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video