Series of moderate quakes strike Philippines
Manila: A series of moderate earthquakes and aftershocks hit the Philippines early Sunday, with US geologists estimating the shallowest -- a magnitude-5.1 tremor -- at just one kilometre deep, but there were no initial reports of damage.
The first quake struck off the southern island of Mindanao at around 3:00 am local time (1900 GMT), some 30 kilometres (17 miles) east-northeast of the city of Cortes, according to the USGS.
It was followed by at least six moderate aftershocks, the strongest a magnitude-5.3 that was four kilometres deep, the USGS said.
There were no immediate reports of damage and no tsunami warning was issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly