`Serious reservations` about UN resolution: China
Beijing: China says it has "serious reservations" about a United Nations resolution authorising a no-fly zone over Libya and military action to protect civilians against Muammar Gaddafi’s forces.
The Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Friday that China opposes using military force in international relations.
The ministry says China has consistently stressed respect for Libya`s sovereignty, independence, unity and territorial integrity and that the crisis should be resolved through dialogue.
China was among five countries that abstained from Thursday`s vote on the UN resolution to allow "all necessary measures" to stop Gaddafi. It was approved with the backing of the United States, France and Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah