`Serious reservations` about UN resolution: China
Beijing: China says it has "serious reservations" about a United Nations resolution authorising a no-fly zone over Libya and military action to protect civilians against Muammar Gaddafi’s forces.
The Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Friday that China opposes using military force in international relations.
The ministry says China has consistently stressed respect for Libya`s sovereignty, independence, unity and territorial integrity and that the crisis should be resolved through dialogue.
China was among five countries that abstained from Thursday`s vote on the UN resolution to allow "all necessary measures" to stop Gaddafi. It was approved with the backing of the United States, France and Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?