Settler outpost can be cleared by July 15: Israel
Jerusalem: The Israeli Prime Minister`s office says the government has agreed to erect temporary housing that would allow for the evacuation of an unsanctioned West Bank settler outpost by July 15.
Israel`s Supreme Court has ordered that the Migron outpost be dismantled by August 01. Earlier this month the court rejected the government`s request to defer the settlers` expulsion until late 2015.
The outpost was built on privately held Palestinian land, a practice the court outlawed decades ago.
It has become a symbol of settler defiance as its residents resisted efforts to dismantle the enclave, in part by challenging Palestinian claims to ownership.
The Prime Minister`s office made the announcement in a statement on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'