Settler outpost can be cleared by July 15: Israel
Jerusalem: The Israeli Prime Minister`s office says the government has agreed to erect temporary housing that would allow for the evacuation of an unsanctioned West Bank settler outpost by July 15.
Israel`s Supreme Court has ordered that the Migron outpost be dismantled by August 01. Earlier this month the court rejected the government`s request to defer the settlers` expulsion until late 2015.
The outpost was built on privately held Palestinian land, a practice the court outlawed decades ago.
It has become a symbol of settler defiance as its residents resisted efforts to dismantle the enclave, in part by challenging Palestinian claims to ownership.
The Prime Minister`s office made the announcement in a statement on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?