Settler outpost can be cleared by July 15: Israel
Jerusalem: The Israeli Prime Minister`s office says the government has agreed to erect temporary housing that would allow for the evacuation of an unsanctioned West Bank settler outpost by July 15.
Israel`s Supreme Court has ordered that the Migron outpost be dismantled by August 01. Earlier this month the court rejected the government`s request to defer the settlers` expulsion until late 2015.
The outpost was built on privately held Palestinian land, a practice the court outlawed decades ago.
It has become a symbol of settler defiance as its residents resisted efforts to dismantle the enclave, in part by challenging Palestinian claims to ownership.
The Prime Minister`s office made the announcement in a statement on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video