Settlers resist Israeli building freeze order
Jerusalem: Settlers leaders say they will continue to defy an Israeli government order to freeze West Bank settlement construction.
Settlers have been resisting the order since Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced it a week ago.
Settler leaders are to meet with Netanyahu on Thursday to try and calm tensions. The meeting comes a day after a settlement mayor was arrested.
One of top settler leaders, Pinhas Wallerstein, told Israel`s Army Radio they have no intention to halt all construction.
Netanyahu said the order is meant as a confidence-building gesture to get peace efforts with the Palestinians back on track. Palestinians have said the move is insufficient because is does not include east Jerusalem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi