Settlers resist Israeli building freeze order
Jerusalem: Settlers leaders say they will continue to defy an Israeli government order to freeze West Bank settlement construction.
Settlers have been resisting the order since Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced it a week ago.
Settler leaders are to meet with Netanyahu on Thursday to try and calm tensions. The meeting comes a day after a settlement mayor was arrested.
One of top settler leaders, Pinhas Wallerstein, told Israel`s Army Radio they have no intention to halt all construction.
Netanyahu said the order is meant as a confidence-building gesture to get peace efforts with the Palestinians back on track. Palestinians have said the move is insufficient because is does not include east Jerusalem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!