Seven dismembered bodies found in Mexico
Morelia : Mexican police have found the charred and dismembered bodies of seven people inside a pick-up truck in Venustiano Carranza, a town in the southwestern state of Michoacan, officials said.
The state Attorney General`s Office said the bodies were found Saturday morning inside the vehicle on the road linking Venustiano Carranza and the town of Sahuayo.
"The bodies were found in the bed of a white Nissan pick-up truck without license plates that the killers had set on fire," the AG`s office said, adding that forensic experts found a total of 70 body parts corresponding to seven people at the crime scene.
The remains, which were completely charred, were taken to a coroner`s office for examination and identification.
Police have stepped up patrols in Venustiano Carranza, located near Michoacan`s border with the state of Jalisco, where 17 people were found fatally shot earlier this month.
Michoacan has been the scene in recent years of deadly turf battles pitting various drug gangs, including Los Caballeros Templarios, La Familia Michoacana, Jalisco Nueva Generacion and Los Zetas.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- GST, land reforms key to boost India's economic growth: IMF
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan accompanied by family members!
- SC gives two-day deadline to Delhi govt for plan on phasing out diesel cabs
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!
- ISIS kills US service member in Iraq: Pentagon