Seven dismembered bodies found in Mexico
Morelia : Mexican police have found the charred and dismembered bodies of seven people inside a pick-up truck in Venustiano Carranza, a town in the southwestern state of Michoacan, officials said.
The state Attorney General`s Office said the bodies were found Saturday morning inside the vehicle on the road linking Venustiano Carranza and the town of Sahuayo.
"The bodies were found in the bed of a white Nissan pick-up truck without license plates that the killers had set on fire," the AG`s office said, adding that forensic experts found a total of 70 body parts corresponding to seven people at the crime scene.
The remains, which were completely charred, were taken to a coroner`s office for examination and identification.
Police have stepped up patrols in Venustiano Carranza, located near Michoacan`s border with the state of Jalisco, where 17 people were found fatally shot earlier this month.
Michoacan has been the scene in recent years of deadly turf battles pitting various drug gangs, including Los Caballeros Templarios, La Familia Michoacana, Jalisco Nueva Generacion and Los Zetas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred