Seven dismembered bodies found in Mexico
Morelia : Mexican police have found the charred and dismembered bodies of seven people inside a pick-up truck in Venustiano Carranza, a town in the southwestern state of Michoacan, officials said.
The state Attorney General`s Office said the bodies were found Saturday morning inside the vehicle on the road linking Venustiano Carranza and the town of Sahuayo.
"The bodies were found in the bed of a white Nissan pick-up truck without license plates that the killers had set on fire," the AG`s office said, adding that forensic experts found a total of 70 body parts corresponding to seven people at the crime scene.
The remains, which were completely charred, were taken to a coroner`s office for examination and identification.
Police have stepped up patrols in Venustiano Carranza, located near Michoacan`s border with the state of Jalisco, where 17 people were found fatally shot earlier this month.
Michoacan has been the scene in recent years of deadly turf battles pitting various drug gangs, including Los Caballeros Templarios, La Familia Michoacana, Jalisco Nueva Generacion and Los Zetas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender