Seven hurt in Tajikistan nightclub blast: Official
Dushanbe: Seven people were injured on Monday when an explosion ripped through a discotheque in Tajikistan`s capital Dushanbe, in the latest blast to hit the troubled ex-Soviet state, police said.
"The explosion took place inside a disco during a party at about 1:00 am (2000 GMT yesterday) today. Seven people were wounded to varying degrees," an Interior Ministry spokesman said.
Police are pursuing multiple theories about the blast, the spokesman said, among them is the possibility that it was carried out by militant groups long active in the volatile region.
"One version is hooliganism, but others, including a terrorist attack, will be considered," he added.
The explosion comes days after suicide bombers, whom the government said were members of the al Qaeda-linked Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, killed two police in the northern city of Khujand by ramming an explosives-packed car into a police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof