Seven hurt in Tajikistan nightclub blast: Official
Dushanbe: Seven people were injured on Monday when an explosion ripped through a discotheque in Tajikistan`s capital Dushanbe, in the latest blast to hit the troubled ex-Soviet state, police said.
"The explosion took place inside a disco during a party at about 1:00 am (2000 GMT yesterday) today. Seven people were wounded to varying degrees," an Interior Ministry spokesman said.
Police are pursuing multiple theories about the blast, the spokesman said, among them is the possibility that it was carried out by militant groups long active in the volatile region.
"One version is hooliganism, but others, including a terrorist attack, will be considered," he added.
The explosion comes days after suicide bombers, whom the government said were members of the al Qaeda-linked Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, killed two police in the northern city of Khujand by ramming an explosives-packed car into a police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert