Seven Israeli women held over right-wing violence
Jerusalem: Seven young Israeli women, six of
them minors, have been arrested on suspicion of participating
in the destruction of hundreds of Palestinian olive trees,
Israeli police said on Sunday.
The women are also accused of taking part in
demonstrations against the dismantling of illegal settlement
outposts in the West Bank, during which Israeli Army equipment
was damaged, a police spokeswoman said.
The women have not yet been charged, but will appear
before a court later today where police will request their
detention be extended, she added.
The Palestinians accused Israel of rarely acting against
Israelis accused of destroying Palestinian property, including
hundreds of olive trees throughout the West Bank.
Right-wing Israeli activists have been accused of a
variety of acts against Palestinians and their property,
including attacking mosques in the West Bank.
The Israeli government has condemned such attacks, but
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016