Seven Israeli women held over right-wing violence
Jerusalem: Seven young Israeli women, six of
them minors, have been arrested on suspicion of participating
in the destruction of hundreds of Palestinian olive trees,
Israeli police said on Sunday.
The women are also accused of taking part in
demonstrations against the dismantling of illegal settlement
outposts in the West Bank, during which Israeli Army equipment
was damaged, a police spokeswoman said.
The women have not yet been charged, but will appear
before a court later today where police will request their
detention be extended, she added.
The Palestinians accused Israel of rarely acting against
Israelis accused of destroying Palestinian property, including
hundreds of olive trees throughout the West Bank.
Right-wing Israeli activists have been accused of a
variety of acts against Palestinians and their property,
including attacking mosques in the West Bank.
The Israeli government has condemned such attacks, but
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors