Seven Israeli women held over right-wing violence
Jerusalem: Seven young Israeli women, six of
them minors, have been arrested on suspicion of participating
in the destruction of hundreds of Palestinian olive trees,
Israeli police said on Sunday.
The women are also accused of taking part in
demonstrations against the dismantling of illegal settlement
outposts in the West Bank, during which Israeli Army equipment
was damaged, a police spokeswoman said.
The women have not yet been charged, but will appear
before a court later today where police will request their
detention be extended, she added.
The Palestinians accused Israel of rarely acting against
Israelis accused of destroying Palestinian property, including
hundreds of olive trees throughout the West Bank.
Right-wing Israeli activists have been accused of a
variety of acts against Palestinians and their property,
including attacking mosques in the West Bank.
The Israeli government has condemned such attacks, but
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi