Seven Israeli women held over right-wing violence
Jerusalem: Seven young Israeli women, six of
them minors, have been arrested on suspicion of participating
in the destruction of hundreds of Palestinian olive trees,
Israeli police said on Sunday.
The women are also accused of taking part in
demonstrations against the dismantling of illegal settlement
outposts in the West Bank, during which Israeli Army equipment
was damaged, a police spokeswoman said.
The women have not yet been charged, but will appear
before a court later today where police will request their
detention be extended, she added.
The Palestinians accused Israel of rarely acting against
Israelis accused of destroying Palestinian property, including
hundreds of olive trees throughout the West Bank.
Right-wing Israeli activists have been accused of a
variety of acts against Palestinians and their property,
including attacking mosques in the West Bank.
The Israeli government has condemned such attacks, but
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon