Seven Israeli women held over right-wing violence
Jerusalem: Seven young Israeli women, six of
them minors, have been arrested on suspicion of participating
in the destruction of hundreds of Palestinian olive trees,
Israeli police said on Sunday.
The women are also accused of taking part in
demonstrations against the dismantling of illegal settlement
outposts in the West Bank, during which Israeli Army equipment
was damaged, a police spokeswoman said.
The women have not yet been charged, but will appear
before a court later today where police will request their
detention be extended, she added.
The Palestinians accused Israel of rarely acting against
Israelis accused of destroying Palestinian property, including
hundreds of olive trees throughout the West Bank.
Right-wing Israeli activists have been accused of a
variety of acts against Palestinians and their property,
including attacking mosques in the West Bank.
The Israeli government has condemned such attacks, but
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'