Seven kids die in China orphanage blaze
Beijing: Seven children died of burns in China`s Henan province on Friday in a fire that engulfed an orphanage, Xinhua reported.
The fire, which occurred at 8.30 am in a house in Lankao county, was contained within two hours, a government official said, adding that four children died at the site while another three perished on way to hospital.
The house was apparently being used as a private orphanage, as residents said a woman named Yuan Lihai used the home to shelter orphans and abandoned children.
The cause of the fire could not be immediately ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shiv Sena slams Centre's U-turn on Hurriyat, says BJP govt acting like a 'chameleon'
- Sensing tool 'SpiroCall' can measure your lung function over phone call
- WATCH & solve this IPL mystery - What's the connection between Zaheer Khan, Chris Morris and ‘Porcupine’?
- Manish Sisodia suspends govt school's vice principal over indiscipline
- Cops release suspect's sketch as public outrage grows in Kerala's 'Nirbhaya' case