Seven kids die in China orphanage blaze
Beijing: Seven children died of burns in China`s Henan province on Friday in a fire that engulfed an orphanage, Xinhua reported.
The fire, which occurred at 8.30 am in a house in Lankao county, was contained within two hours, a government official said, adding that four children died at the site while another three perished on way to hospital.
The house was apparently being used as a private orphanage, as residents said a woman named Yuan Lihai used the home to shelter orphans and abandoned children.
The cause of the fire could not be immediately ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed