Seven killed, 40 injured in China commuter-van explosion
Beijing: Seven persons were killed and 40 others injured after a commuter-van from a mine company exploded in northeast China`s Heilongjiang Province.
The mishap occurred Friday in Shuangyashan City of the district of Lingdong, officials said.
The blast also affected a coach on the opposite lane, state run Xinhua news agency reported. There were 52 passengers aboard the two vehicles.
While an investigation into the cause of the accident is under way, the China Central Television quoted witnesses as saying the van was carrying detonators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea