Seven killed, 40 injured in China commuter-van explosion
Beijing: Seven persons were killed and 40 others injured after a commuter-van from a mine company exploded in northeast China`s Heilongjiang Province.
The mishap occurred Friday in Shuangyashan City of the district of Lingdong, officials said.
The blast also affected a coach on the opposite lane, state run Xinhua news agency reported. There were 52 passengers aboard the two vehicles.
While an investigation into the cause of the accident is under way, the China Central Television quoted witnesses as saying the van was carrying detonators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal