Seven killed, 40 injured in China commuter-van explosion
Beijing: Seven persons were killed and 40 others injured after a commuter-van from a mine company exploded in northeast China`s Heilongjiang Province.
The mishap occurred Friday in Shuangyashan City of the district of Lingdong, officials said.
The blast also affected a coach on the opposite lane, state run Xinhua news agency reported. There were 52 passengers aboard the two vehicles.
While an investigation into the cause of the accident is under way, the China Central Television quoted witnesses as saying the van was carrying detonators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- DNA: What the MTCR membership actually means for India?
- WATCH: More like Messi! Three most-talked about penalty misses by legendary footballers
- Crashed EgyptAir plane's data recorder repaired
- Six people found dead in Jharkhand; Maoist's role suspected
- Mexico police, troops `routinely` rape arrested women: Amnesty
- `India wants normalisation with Pakistan on its terms`