Seven killed in avalanche in Japan
Osaka: Seven skiers and mountain climbers were killed in an avalanche Saturday on the snowy North Alps mountain range in Japan`s Toyama prefecture.
An avalanche engulfed the skiers and mountain climbers at around 10.50 a.m. in the Masagodake area which is at 2861-meter level, Xinhua cited media reports as saying.
Seven people were rushed by helicopter to nearby hospitals but they were all dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan