Seven killed in avalanche in Japan
Osaka: Seven skiers and mountain climbers were killed in an avalanche Saturday on the snowy North Alps mountain range in Japan`s Toyama prefecture.
An avalanche engulfed the skiers and mountain climbers at around 10.50 a.m. in the Masagodake area which is at 2861-meter level, Xinhua cited media reports as saying.
Seven people were rushed by helicopter to nearby hospitals but they were all dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit