Seven killed in coal mine accident in China
Beijing: Seven workers were killed and six others trapped in a coal mine accident in China`s northwestern Shaanxi Province.
The accident took place yesterday at a coal mine under construction by China National Coal Group Corp in Yulin City.
Rescuers found the bodies of five of the 11 trapped workers, bringing the death toll to seven, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
An initial investigation showed that the accident happened at a shaft when the cement pipe fell off.
Thirty-seven workers were working under the ground and 26 were lifted out.
The injured have been sent to local hospitals, and two of them died later.
Accidents have become common as energy hungry China depends a lot on coal supplies to fire its economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement