Seven killed in coal mine accident in China
Beijing: Seven workers were killed and six others trapped in a coal mine accident in China`s northwestern Shaanxi Province.
The accident took place yesterday at a coal mine under construction by China National Coal Group Corp in Yulin City.
Rescuers found the bodies of five of the 11 trapped workers, bringing the death toll to seven, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
An initial investigation showed that the accident happened at a shaft when the cement pipe fell off.
Thirty-seven workers were working under the ground and 26 were lifted out.
The injured have been sent to local hospitals, and two of them died later.
Accidents have become common as energy hungry China depends a lot on coal supplies to fire its economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir