Seven killed in highway pile up in China
Beijing: At least seven people were killed and three others injured in a nine-vehicle pile-up in China on Friday.
The accident happened after midnight, when a heavy semi-trailer hit six cars and another two trucks waiting in lines along a section of the Beijing-Hong Kong-Macao Expressway in Ruyuan County, Shaoguan City, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Some vehicles caught fire, state television reported.
China is currently experiencing heavy rush on its main highways due to seven-day National Day holidays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill