Seven killed in highway pile up in China
Beijing: At least seven people were killed and three others injured in a nine-vehicle pile-up in China on Friday.
The accident happened after midnight, when a heavy semi-trailer hit six cars and another two trucks waiting in lines along a section of the Beijing-Hong Kong-Macao Expressway in Ruyuan County, Shaoguan City, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Some vehicles caught fire, state television reported.
China is currently experiencing heavy rush on its main highways due to seven-day National Day holidays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'