Seven killed in highway pile up in China
Beijing: At least seven people were killed and three others injured in a nine-vehicle pile-up in China on Friday.
The accident happened after midnight, when a heavy semi-trailer hit six cars and another two trucks waiting in lines along a section of the Beijing-Hong Kong-Macao Expressway in Ruyuan County, Shaoguan City, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Some vehicles caught fire, state television reported.
China is currently experiencing heavy rush on its main highways due to seven-day National Day holidays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what