Seven killed in highway pile up in China
Beijing: At least seven people were killed and three others injured in a nine-vehicle pile-up in China on Friday.
The accident happened after midnight, when a heavy semi-trailer hit six cars and another two trucks waiting in lines along a section of the Beijing-Hong Kong-Macao Expressway in Ruyuan County, Shaoguan City, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Some vehicles caught fire, state television reported.
China is currently experiencing heavy rush on its main highways due to seven-day National Day holidays.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report