Seven killed in shootout with marines in Mexico
Mexico City: Mexican authorities say seven people, including two women, have been killed in a shootout with marines in the northern state of Zacatecas, a Zetas cartel stronghold.
A spokesman for the state`s prosecutors says the marines arrived at a safe house just outside the city of Zacatecas early Friday when they were attacked by an armed group.
Jorge Flores says the shooting lasted two hours.
The seven alleged criminals killed have not been identified.
The Mexican Navy said it has no information on the shootout.
The state of Zacatecas appears to have been a hot spot in the falling out between the leaders of the brutal Zetas gang.
One of them, Heriberto Lazcano, was killed two weeks ago by marines in the neighboring state of Coahuila. Miguel Angel Trevino remains a fugitive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!