Seven killed in shootout with marines in Mexico
Mexico City: Mexican authorities say seven people, including two women, have been killed in a shootout with marines in the northern state of Zacatecas, a Zetas cartel stronghold.
A spokesman for the state`s prosecutors says the marines arrived at a safe house just outside the city of Zacatecas early Friday when they were attacked by an armed group.
Jorge Flores says the shooting lasted two hours.
The seven alleged criminals killed have not been identified.
The Mexican Navy said it has no information on the shootout.
The state of Zacatecas appears to have been a hot spot in the falling out between the leaders of the brutal Zetas gang.
One of them, Heriberto Lazcano, was killed two weeks ago by marines in the neighboring state of Coahuila. Miguel Angel Trevino remains a fugitive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried