Seven killed in Syrian helicopter attack
Damascus: Seven Syrian state employees were killed on Sunday when rebels downed their helicopter in Aleppo city, Xinhua reported.
The employees, who worked for the Ministry of Education, were carrying exam papers to secondary school students who have missed the exams due to the situation in their rebels-besieged areas of Nubbul and Zaharaa in northern Aleppo, the report said.
Separately in Aleppo, the Syrian troops regained full control over "strategic" positions in the Siaf al-Dawla and Zbaidieh districts, according to a pro-government radio.
The news came as the Syrian army has reportedly advanced in several areas in the central province of Homs against the rebels, mainly al-Khalidieh area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez