Seven killed in Syrian helicopter attack
Damascus: Seven Syrian state employees were killed on Sunday when rebels downed their helicopter in Aleppo city, Xinhua reported.
The employees, who worked for the Ministry of Education, were carrying exam papers to secondary school students who have missed the exams due to the situation in their rebels-besieged areas of Nubbul and Zaharaa in northern Aleppo, the report said.
Separately in Aleppo, the Syrian troops regained full control over "strategic" positions in the Siaf al-Dawla and Zbaidieh districts, according to a pro-government radio.
The news came as the Syrian army has reportedly advanced in several areas in the central province of Homs against the rebels, mainly al-Khalidieh area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured