Seven killed in Syrian helicopter attack
Damascus: Seven Syrian state employees were killed on Sunday when rebels downed their helicopter in Aleppo city, Xinhua reported.
The employees, who worked for the Ministry of Education, were carrying exam papers to secondary school students who have missed the exams due to the situation in their rebels-besieged areas of Nubbul and Zaharaa in northern Aleppo, the report said.
Separately in Aleppo, the Syrian troops regained full control over "strategic" positions in the Siaf al-Dawla and Zbaidieh districts, according to a pro-government radio.
The news came as the Syrian army has reportedly advanced in several areas in the central province of Homs against the rebels, mainly al-Khalidieh area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir