Seven killed in Syrian helicopter attack
Damascus: Seven Syrian state employees were killed Sunday when rebels downed their helicopter in Aleppo city, Xinhua reported.
The employees, who worked for the ministry of education, were carrying exam papers to secondary school students who have missed the exams due to the situation in their rebels-besieged areas of Nubbul and Zaharaa in northern Aleppo, the report said.
Separately in Aleppo, the Syrian troops regained full control over "strategic" positions in the Siaf al-Dawla and Zbaidieh districts, according to a pro-government radio.
The news came as the Syrian army has reportedly advanced in several areas in the central province of Homs against the rebels, mainly al-Khalidieh area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter