Seven killed in Syrian helicopter attack
Damascus: Seven Syrian state employees were killed Sunday when rebels downed their helicopter in Aleppo city, Xinhua reported.
The employees, who worked for the ministry of education, were carrying exam papers to secondary school students who have missed the exams due to the situation in their rebels-besieged areas of Nubbul and Zaharaa in northern Aleppo, the report said.
Separately in Aleppo, the Syrian troops regained full control over "strategic" positions in the Siaf al-Dawla and Zbaidieh districts, according to a pro-government radio.
The news came as the Syrian army has reportedly advanced in several areas in the central province of Homs against the rebels, mainly al-Khalidieh area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145