Seven members of family found dead in Mexico
Veracruz (Mexico): The bodies of seven members of a family were found over the weekend inside a house in the eastern Mexican state of Veracruz, police said.
The bodies were discovered Sunday at the house in Manlio Fabio Altamirano, a city in the southern part of Veracruz.
Several women and children were among the victims, whose throats were cut.
Police went to the house after neighbours reported smelling a foul odour coming from the property, the Veracruz Attorney General`s Office said.
The bodies were decomposing, indicating that the victims had been dead for at least 72 hours, the AG`s office said.
Investigators do not have any leads or a motive for the killings, the AG`s office said.
Veracruz has been plagued by a turf war between rival drug cartels that has sent the state`s murder rate skyrocketing over the past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000