Seven to stand trial for promoting Fascism in Italy
Rome: Seven members of the so-called "Militia" group will go on trial in Rome for promoting Fascism, racial and ethnic hatred, and threats to Italian institutions.
The trial will begin in December.
A judge on Wednesday gave two other members of the group prison sentences of up to eight months after they plea-bargained.
Prosecutors allege that the "Militia" group targeted the President of Rome`s Jewish community, Riccardo Pacific, with offensive banners and posters across Rome.
The group also targeted Italian politicians including ex-Speakers of the lower and upper houses of Parliament, Gianfranco Fini and Renato Schifani, and former Rome Mayor Gianni Alemanno, prosecutors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!