Seven to stand trial for promoting Fascism in Italy
Rome: Seven members of the so-called "Militia" group will go on trial in Rome for promoting Fascism, racial and ethnic hatred, and threats to Italian institutions.
The trial will begin in December.
A judge on Wednesday gave two other members of the group prison sentences of up to eight months after they plea-bargained.
Prosecutors allege that the "Militia" group targeted the President of Rome`s Jewish community, Riccardo Pacific, with offensive banners and posters across Rome.
The group also targeted Italian politicians including ex-Speakers of the lower and upper houses of Parliament, Gianfranco Fini and Renato Schifani, and former Rome Mayor Gianni Alemanno, prosecutors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation