Seven to stand trial for promoting Fascism in Italy
Rome: Seven members of the so-called "Militia" group will go on trial in Rome for promoting Fascism, racial and ethnic hatred, and threats to Italian institutions.
The trial will begin in December.
A judge on Wednesday gave two other members of the group prison sentences of up to eight months after they plea-bargained.
Prosecutors allege that the "Militia" group targeted the President of Rome`s Jewish community, Riccardo Pacific, with offensive banners and posters across Rome.
The group also targeted Italian politicians including ex-Speakers of the lower and upper houses of Parliament, Gianfranco Fini and Renato Schifani, and former Rome Mayor Gianni Alemanno, prosecutors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice