Seven to stand trial for promoting Fascism in Italy
Rome: Seven members of the so-called "Militia" group will go on trial in Rome for promoting Fascism, racial and ethnic hatred, and threats to Italian institutions.
The trial will begin in December.
A judge on Wednesday gave two other members of the group prison sentences of up to eight months after they plea-bargained.
Prosecutors allege that the "Militia" group targeted the President of Rome`s Jewish community, Riccardo Pacific, with offensive banners and posters across Rome.
The group also targeted Italian politicians including ex-Speakers of the lower and upper houses of Parliament, Gianfranco Fini and Renato Schifani, and former Rome Mayor Gianni Alemanno, prosecutors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS