Seven trapped in flooded coal mine in China
Beijing: Seven workers were trapped in a
flooded coal mine in China and efforts are on to save them,
media reported on Thursday.
The accident happened on Tuesday when water inundated
the Yide Coal Mine in Xiangtan County, trapping the seven
miners 89 metres below the surface.
Rescuers were trying to install pumps to drain the
In addition to pumping water out of the mine, the
rescuers will have to clear the caved-in area before they can
reach the miners, official news agency Xinhua reported.
The cave-in and low levels of oxygen in the area
have lowered the miners` chances of survival, experts said.
A deputy mine manager led 27 workers safely out of the
mine after the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack