Seventeen bodies recovered after Indonesian ferry sinking
Maumere: An official says rescuers have recovered 17 bodies in waters off eastern Indonesia where an overcrowded ferry sank two days ago. At least five people are still missing.
Port official Willy Tal says the bodies were found today.
The six-ton Tersanjung was carrying at least 66 crew and
passengers when it sank Friday in rough seas about seven miles
(10 kilometres) off the northern coast of Flores. Forty-four
people were rescued.
Ships are a main source of transportation in Indonesia,
the world`s largest archipelago nation with more than 17,000
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof