Sex abuse victims urge ICC to investigate Pope
Amsterdam: A group representing sexual abuse victims is accusing Pope Benedict and three top Vatican officials of crimes against humanity in a formal declaration lodged with the International Criminal Court.
The group Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests and the human rights group Center for Constitutional Rights said on Tuesday they had filed a complaint with the ICC alleging that Vatican officials tolerated and enabled the systematic and widespread concealing of rape and child sex crimes.
The Hague-based ICC is the world`s first permanent war crimes court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?