Sex abuse victims urge ICC to investigate Pope
Amsterdam: A group representing sexual abuse victims is accusing Pope Benedict and three top Vatican officials of crimes against humanity in a formal declaration lodged with the International Criminal Court.
The group Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests and the human rights group Center for Constitutional Rights said on Tuesday they had filed a complaint with the ICC alleging that Vatican officials tolerated and enabled the systematic and widespread concealing of rape and child sex crimes.
The Hague-based ICC is the world`s first permanent war crimes court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video