Sex scandal involving Chinese legislator surfaces
Beijing: A new sex scandal involving a Chinese legislator has surfaced after a woman posted a picture online alleging that he had an affair with her.
Intimate photo involving Luo Zhiyuan, a deputy of the Henan Provincial People`s Congress was posted on microblogging website Weibo by Li Shanshan, a young woman who claims to be his mistress, The Beijing News reported Monday.
Li claimed that Luo had been having an affair with her and had abandoned their daughter. She also alleged he had illicitly used connections to obtain his legislature membership, the report said.
There have been increasing numbers of online postings exposing corruption and sex scandals involving officials since China`s anti-corruption campaign was initiated when President Xi Jingping took office.
One notable example was that of Chongqing district party chief Lei Zhengfu, who in 2012 was fired and then imprisoned for 13 years after a sex video was leaked online.
Li claimed that Luo, who is also a top local entrepreneur and the CEO of Henan Zhiyuan Food Group, had split up with her and refused to pay child support for their daughter.
After they had failed to reach an agreement following court, she then decided to expose him online, Hong Kong-based South China Morning Post reported.
She also published a screenshot of a mobile text message that appeared to be a warning from Luo.
"I had to go through many connections to win my People`s Congress deputy post. If it is ruined, you will know what to do!" the message said.
Luo denied writing the text message, saying that it was Li`s way of attempting to blackmail him.
Henan Provincial People`s Congress officials said they had started investigating the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi