`Sexual assaults in US military due to hormone levels`
Washington: A US Senator on Tuesday called on the military to do more to crackdown on sexual assault in its ranks.
Saxby Chambliss, Republican-Georgia, also said that sexual assaults may be hard to stop because of the natural `hormone level` of the young men serving.
According to the Huffington Post, "The young folks who are coming into each of your services are anywhere from 17 to 22 or 23. Gee whiz, the hormone level created by nature sets in place the possibility for these types of things to occur. So we`ve got to be very careful how we address it on our side."
Chambliss told top military officials at a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing, that the young folks who are coming in to serve in the military are anywhere from 17 to 22 or 23.
Gee whiz, the hormone level created by nature sets in place the possibility for these types of things to occur, he added.
Republican Mike Turner, co-chair of the Military Sexual Assault Prevention Caucus, slammed Chambliss` comments in a statement on Tuesday afternoon, saying that it is simple that criminals are responsible for sexual assaults, and not hormones.
According to the report, although Chambliss decried sexual assault in the military and said he wants to do more to stop it.
Chambliss comments echo the boys will be boys’ mentality that has been used throughout the years to dismiss sexual harassment and assault and avoid taking action to prevent them, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi