Seychelles coastguard vessel destroys two pirate boats
Nairobi: A Seychelles coastguard vessel
repelled an attack by Somali pirates, destroying two of their
boats, hours after rescuing 27 fishermen in the Indian Ocean,
a statement said today.
The Topaz, one of the Indian Ocean state`s two coastguard
vessels, came under attack from three Somali pirate skiffs
late yesterday, said a statement by the coastguard`s
"Topaz returned fire, one attack skiff was sunk and the
mother ship exploded and caught fire. The third skiff managed
to escape," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das