Shanghai police rank beggars
Beijing: Police in Shanghai have publicised an online ranking list of beggars in an attempt to expose the most frequently caught beggars on the city`s busy metro trains.
Police are encouraging metro riders to send them an instant text or voice message through a popular social-networking application on mobile phones if they spot a beggar on the train, the Shanghai Daily reported Sunday.
Officers promise to arrive within five minutes of receiving the message to take the beggar into custody.
The police list mentions a 22-year-old man from Liaoning province who has been caught 309 times since 2008.
An 88-year-old woman from Anhui province has been caught 303 times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt