Shanghai police rank beggars
Beijing: Police in Shanghai have publicised an online ranking list of beggars in an attempt to expose the most frequently caught beggars on the city`s busy metro trains.
Police are encouraging metro riders to send them an instant text or voice message through a popular social-networking application on mobile phones if they spot a beggar on the train, the Shanghai Daily reported Sunday.
Officers promise to arrive within five minutes of receiving the message to take the beggar into custody.
The police list mentions a 22-year-old man from Liaoning province who has been caught 309 times since 2008.
An 88-year-old woman from Anhui province has been caught 303 times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!