Shanghai summit: Zardari, Ahmadinejad reach China
Beijing: The presidents of Pakistan and Iran, Asif Ali Zardari and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Tuesday arrived in Beijing to attend the Beijing summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).
Invited by Chinese President Hu Jintao, both leaders will attend the 12th meeting of the Council of Heads of Member States of the SCO, scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday.
They will also meet other Chinese leaders and hold talks on bilateral issues.
The SCO is an inter-governmental international organisation established in June 2001 by Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Observer states include India, Iran, Mongolia and Pakistan, while dialogue partners include Belarus and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says