Shanghai summit: Zardari, Ahmadinejad reach China
Beijing: The presidents of Pakistan and Iran, Asif Ali Zardari and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Tuesday arrived in Beijing to attend the Beijing summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).
Invited by Chinese President Hu Jintao, both leaders will attend the 12th meeting of the Council of Heads of Member States of the SCO, scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday.
They will also meet other Chinese leaders and hold talks on bilateral issues.
The SCO is an inter-governmental international organisation established in June 2001 by Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Observer states include India, Iran, Mongolia and Pakistan, while dialogue partners include Belarus and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city