Shanghai summit: Zardari, Ahmadinejad reach China
Beijing: The presidents of Pakistan and Iran, Asif Ali Zardari and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Tuesday arrived in Beijing to attend the Beijing summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).
Invited by Chinese President Hu Jintao, both leaders will attend the 12th meeting of the Council of Heads of Member States of the SCO, scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday.
They will also meet other Chinese leaders and hold talks on bilateral issues.
The SCO is an inter-governmental international organisation established in June 2001 by Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Observer states include India, Iran, Mongolia and Pakistan, while dialogue partners include Belarus and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi