Sharjah ruler orders release of 75 prisoners
Sharjah: Sharjah Ruler Sheikh Sultan Mohammed Al Qasimi ordered release of 75 inmates of different nationalities in various prisons in the emirate Sunday.
Prisoners, having shown a good conduct while serving their terms, are eligible for this amnesty and will be released before the maturity of their terms.
The gesture came as the UAE marked the GCC Unified Inmates` Week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition