Sharp drop in Obama`s approval rating
Washington: The approval rating of US President Barack Obama has registered a sharp drop in the last one month, and is now pegged at 45 per cent, a latest opinion poll revealed on Monday.
"The poll indicates that for the first time in Obama`s Presidency, half of the public says they don`t believe he is honest and trustworthy," CNN said after the release of its latest poll along with ORC International.
According to the poll, Americans are split on the controversial National Security Agency (NSA) anti-terrorism programme to record metadata on US phone calls, but they support the NSA programme that targets records of Internet usage by people in other countries.
The poll found that 49 per cent believe Obama is honest to 50 per cent who do not the first time a majority has not found the President to be trustworthy.
A majority, 53 per cent, expressed doubts he can "manage the government effectively," with 47 per cent showing confidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?