Shelling in Homs; Syrian ceasefire in tatters?
Beirut: Activists say Syrian troops have shelled two rebel-held neighbourhoods in the central city of Homs.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says Saturday`s bombardment lasted for about an hour. It says there were no reports of casualties.
The shelling comes two days after a ceasefire brokered by international envoy Kofi Annan went into effect.
Violence reported over the last two days is much less than the daily norm of clashes and shelling before the truce.
Activist Tarek Badrakhan, who is based in Homs, and the Observatory said the shelling targeted the neighbourhoods of Jouret el-Shayah and Qarabees.
The truce is at the centre of Annan`s six-point plan to stop the bloodshed and launch talks between the regime and the opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery