Shelling of Tripoli airport destroys 90 pct of planes there: Libya govt
Tripoli: A shelling of Tripoli airport has destroyed 90 percent of the planes parked there, government spokesman Ahmed Lamine said on Tuesday.
"The government has studied the possibility to bring international forces to enhance security," he told reporters.
It was not immediately clear how many planes were destroyed, but the airport serves as the main hub for several Libyan carriers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- CRPF trooper killed in landslide near Vaishno Devi shrine
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- PM Narendra Modi assures round the clock assistance to flood-hit Varanasi
- How Ola, Uber allowed to run on tourist permit? HC asks govt
- Shiv Sena taunts PM Narendra Modi over arrest of Baloch leaders