Shooter kills two at Brazil pre-Carnival party
Sao Paulo: Brazilian police are searching for a gunman who fired into a crowd at a pre-Carnival street party, killing two and wounding 10 other people.
Such violence is highly unusual before and during Carnival, which attracts hundreds of thousands of foreign visitors annually.
A police spokesman in the city of Novo Friburgo, about 130 kilometres northeast of Rio de Janeiro, says they don`t know the motive for the shooting and haven`t located the gunman.
A 43-year-old woman and a 20-year-old man were killed.
The shooting happened late yesterday at a popular neighbourhood gathering known as a "bloco" party.
While Carnival is still nearly a month away, each weekend leading up to the big bash sees hundreds of warm-up parties take to the streets across the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog