Shooting at LA airport leaves one dead, gunman in custody
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Los Angeles: At least one person died and several others were injured when a gunman opened fire inside Los Angeles International Airport on Friday.
According to a US federal source, the person who was killed in the shooting was an agent of Transportation Security Administration.
After the shooting, outbound flights were grounded at Los Angeles International Airport and the officials have said they do not know when they would resume.
Terminal 2 and 3 were immediately evacuated and law enforcement officers swarmed the airport and nabbed the suspected gunman who is now in custody.
However, it is yet not clear how severely the victims were wounded.
Buses drove the passengers away from the area after they disembarked from planes stopped near the runway.
Los Angeles Fire Department official said that the department also assisted the police in the rescue operation.
US President Barack Obama has been informed about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India