Shooting at LA airport leaves one dead, gunman in custody
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Los Angeles: At least one person died and several others were injured when a gunman opened fire inside Los Angeles International Airport on Friday.
According to a US federal source, the person who was killed in the shooting was an agent of Transportation Security Administration.
After the shooting, outbound flights were grounded at Los Angeles International Airport and the officials have said they do not know when they would resume.
Terminal 2 and 3 were immediately evacuated and law enforcement officers swarmed the airport and nabbed the suspected gunman who is now in custody.
However, it is yet not clear how severely the victims were wounded.
Buses drove the passengers away from the area after they disembarked from planes stopped near the runway.
Los Angeles Fire Department official said that the department also assisted the police in the rescue operation.
US President Barack Obama has been informed about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation