Shooting at LA airport leaves one dead, gunman in custody
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Los Angeles: At least one person died and several others were injured when a gunman opened fire inside Los Angeles International Airport on Friday.
According to a US federal source, the person who was killed in the shooting was an agent of Transportation Security Administration.
After the shooting, outbound flights were grounded at Los Angeles International Airport and the officials have said they do not know when they would resume.
Terminal 2 and 3 were immediately evacuated and law enforcement officers swarmed the airport and nabbed the suspected gunman who is now in custody.
However, it is yet not clear how severely the victims were wounded.
Buses drove the passengers away from the area after they disembarked from planes stopped near the runway.
Los Angeles Fire Department official said that the department also assisted the police in the rescue operation.
US President Barack Obama has been informed about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH