Shooting at LA airport leaves one dead, gunman in custody
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Los Angeles: At least one person died and several others were injured when a gunman opened fire inside Los Angeles International Airport on Friday.
According to a US federal source, the person who was killed in the shooting was an agent of Transportation Security Administration.
After the shooting, outbound flights were grounded at Los Angeles International Airport and the officials have said they do not know when they would resume.
Terminal 2 and 3 were immediately evacuated and law enforcement officers swarmed the airport and nabbed the suspected gunman who is now in custody.
However, it is yet not clear how severely the victims were wounded.
Buses drove the passengers away from the area after they disembarked from planes stopped near the runway.
Los Angeles Fire Department official said that the department also assisted the police in the rescue operation.
US President Barack Obama has been informed about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands