Shooting at LA airport leaves one dead, gunman in custody
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Los Angeles: At least one person died and several others were injured when a gunman opened fire inside Los Angeles International Airport on Friday.
According to a US federal source, the person who was killed in the shooting was an agent of Transportation Security Administration.
After the shooting, outbound flights were grounded at Los Angeles International Airport and the officials have said they do not know when they would resume.
Terminal 2 and 3 were immediately evacuated and law enforcement officers swarmed the airport and nabbed the suspected gunman who is now in custody.
However, it is yet not clear how severely the victims were wounded.
Buses drove the passengers away from the area after they disembarked from planes stopped near the runway.
Los Angeles Fire Department official said that the department also assisted the police in the rescue operation.
US President Barack Obama has been informed about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’