`Shooting at US Gurdwara absolutely deplorable`
Washington: Incidents such as the killing of six Sikhs in the Wisconsin Gurdwara has no place in a civilised society, a powerful professional body of Indian American doctors has said, terming the act as "absolutely deplorable".
"We stand in solidarity with the Sikh community and condemn this most deadly attack on Sikhs in the United States," Narendra Kumar, the president of American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI), said in a statement yesterday.
Kumar, who heads the body of more than 65,000 Indian American doctors, urged the Government of Wisconsin State and the FBI to bring to justice all who are connected with this terrorist crime.
"We offer our condolences and sympathies to the families of the people who died in the attack and pray for the recovery of those who were injured in the attack," he said.
"We share our deepest condolences with the families of the victims, local residents and other members of the community impacted by the horrific shooting," Kumar said.
"The violence at the Sikh Gurdwara in Oak Creek is absolutely deplorable and it has no place in a civilised society such as ours," said Jayesh Shah, the president-elect of AAPI.
AAPI is in touch with the White House and federal law enforcement agencies, as well as with Sikh organisations and community groups within and outside the South Asian community, Kumar said.
In a statement, Florida-based Hindu American University urged all law enforcement authorities to take appropriate steps in protection and safety of all Sikhs in USA.
The South Asia Centre of the Atlantic Council, a Washington-based eminent American think-tank, also condemned the attack.
"We extend our deepest condolences to the family members of the victims, and the Sikh community," it said.
Meanwhile, United Sikhs, a Sikh advocacy group, on Tuesday announced to launched "I pledge against Hate Crime" campaign to raise awareness against such senseless acts.
It also announced to installs a Task Force to communicate with law enforcement agencies in United States to ensure community confidence in their safety is restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi