Shooting of US embassy car accidental: Lawyer
Mexico City: The attorney for two of the Mexican federal police officers detained in the shooting of a US embassy vehicle that wounded two US government employees says his clients have formally declared that the incident was not an ambush but an accident occurring during the pursuit of suspected criminals.
Officials from both nations have said federal officers were chasing criminals on Friday on a highway south of Mexico City when bullets were fired at the embassy sport utility vehicle carrying the two employees and a Mexican Navy captain.
The US embassy characterised the incident as an "ambush”.
But Attorney Ricardo Monterroso Cisneros told a news agency on Sunday that "there was no ambush”.
Monterroso is attorney for Rafael Rivera Cordoba and Jorge Alberto Vargas Camacho, among a dozen federal police officers detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents