`Short on cash` WikiLeaks `is next to broke`
Johannesburg: Whistleblowing website WikiLeaks has said it is running out of money.
The website said it had only EUR 100,000 left for 2012, and the money will be depleted in a few months if it does not get any further donations.
The group said it needs EUR one million immediately, News24 reports.
Donations are the most important source of income for WikiLeaks and these were collected though Germany`s Wau-Holland-Foundation.
WikiLeaks, which has been founded by Julian Assange, criticised credit card companies Visa and MasterCard for undermining the organisation by stopping to forward donations in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video