Sikh family found dead in suspected `murder-suicide` in US
Washington: Four members of a Sikh family, including two minor children, has died in Atlanta in the US state of Georgia under mysterious circumstances with the police terming it as a "murder-suicide".
"While Sartaj (12) and Gurtej (5) died from homicide by sharp force injuries to the neck, their mother Damanjit Kaur Grover (47) died from homicide by blunt force trauma to the head.
"Besides, the police also recovered the family head Shivinder Singh Grover`s(52) body, which was found hanging at their their residence in Johns Creek on Monday," Johns Creek Police Chief Ed Densmore said yesterday.
"It`s pretty bad as you can imagine any time you deal with this. When it involves kids, it`s a little bit heart-wrenching," Densmore said.
Investigations are still on and the reason behind the incident is yet to be ascertained, the police chief said.
Shivinder Grover, who had studied at the University of Michigan, had recently moved to Atlanta from Michigan. He was an executive at a technology firm, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured