Sikh family found dead in suspected `murder-suicide` in US
Washington: Four members of a Sikh family, including two minor children, has died in Atlanta in the US state of Georgia under mysterious circumstances with the police terming it as a "murder-suicide".
"While Sartaj (12) and Gurtej (5) died from homicide by sharp force injuries to the neck, their mother Damanjit Kaur Grover (47) died from homicide by blunt force trauma to the head.
"Besides, the police also recovered the family head Shivinder Singh Grover`s(52) body, which was found hanging at their their residence in Johns Creek on Monday," Johns Creek Police Chief Ed Densmore said yesterday.
"It`s pretty bad as you can imagine any time you deal with this. When it involves kids, it`s a little bit heart-wrenching," Densmore said.
Investigations are still on and the reason behind the incident is yet to be ascertained, the police chief said.
Shivinder Grover, who had studied at the University of Michigan, had recently moved to Atlanta from Michigan. He was an executive at a technology firm, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital