Sikh family found dead in suspected `murder-suicide` in US
Washington: Four members of a Sikh family, including two minor children, has died in Atlanta in the US state of Georgia under mysterious circumstances with the police terming it as a "murder-suicide".
"While Sartaj (12) and Gurtej (5) died from homicide by sharp force injuries to the neck, their mother Damanjit Kaur Grover (47) died from homicide by blunt force trauma to the head.
"Besides, the police also recovered the family head Shivinder Singh Grover`s(52) body, which was found hanging at their their residence in Johns Creek on Monday," Johns Creek Police Chief Ed Densmore said yesterday.
"It`s pretty bad as you can imagine any time you deal with this. When it involves kids, it`s a little bit heart-wrenching," Densmore said.
Investigations are still on and the reason behind the incident is yet to be ascertained, the police chief said.
Shivinder Grover, who had studied at the University of Michigan, had recently moved to Atlanta from Michigan. He was an executive at a technology firm, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred