Sikh shot dead in Wisconsin in attempted robbery
Oak Creek/Washington: Nearly two weeks after six Sikhs were killed by a white supremacist at a Wisconsin Gurdwara, a member of the same shrine has been shot dead in an attempted robbery, sending shock waves among the community members.
56-year-old Dalbir Singh was gunned down by unidentified men at a grocery store in Milwaukee city of Wisconsin state.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the assailants, police said.
The death of another Sikh has left the community members in Wisconsin deeply shocked, even though police termed it as an attempted robbery and ruled out any link to the August 05 shooting inside the Gurdwara in Oak Creek area that had killed six Sikh worshippers.
Dalbir Singh assisted his nephew Jatinder Singh in running the grocery store.
The incident happened on Wednesday night shortly after the store closed, said Jatinder Singh, adding that some unidentified men approached them and put a gun to his head.
Jatinder Singh said he and his uncle made it back into the store and pushed the side door shut, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.
But one of the men fired a shot through the door, killing Dalbir Singh, it said.
The Singhs are members of the Oak Creek Gurdwara, where a gunman opened fire on August 05, killing six worshippers and injuring four people, including a police officer, before dying of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Dalbir Singh was a regular visitor to the Gurdwara in Oak Creek, but was not present when the tragic incident happened on August 05.
Jatinder Singh had visited the Gurdwara that day, but left its premises before 40-year-old Wade Michael Page, an ex-Army veteran, went on a shooting spree.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000