Silvio Berlusconi remains hospitalised in Italy
Milan: Former Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi remains hospitalised with an eye inflammation that kept him from both his sex-for-hire trial and tax fraud appeals.
San Raffaele hospital`s chief ophthalmologist, Francesco Bandello, said today that Berlusconi`s condition had only moderately improved overnight. The 76-year-old Berlusconi has bilateral uveitis and was expected to remain hospitalised at least until tomorrow.
Berlusconi`s legal team has submitted petitions to courts in both cases requesting hearings be delayed because of the medical condition. Judges granted the petition in the sensational sex-for-hire case yesterday.
The court in the tax fraud appeal dispatched a court-appointed physician today to verify the condition.
Verdicts in both trials are due in the coming weeks, a politically sensitive time as Italy seeks to negotiate a stable government following inconclusive elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it