Silvio Berlusconi remains hospitalised in Italy
Milan: Former Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi remains hospitalised with an eye inflammation that kept him from both his sex-for-hire trial and tax fraud appeals.
San Raffaele hospital`s chief ophthalmologist, Francesco Bandello, said today that Berlusconi`s condition had only moderately improved overnight. The 76-year-old Berlusconi has bilateral uveitis and was expected to remain hospitalised at least until tomorrow.
Berlusconi`s legal team has submitted petitions to courts in both cases requesting hearings be delayed because of the medical condition. Judges granted the petition in the sensational sex-for-hire case yesterday.
The court in the tax fraud appeal dispatched a court-appointed physician today to verify the condition.
Verdicts in both trials are due in the coming weeks, a politically sensitive time as Italy seeks to negotiate a stable government following inconclusive elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city