Silvio Berlusconi to stay in hospital
Milan: Former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi will stay in hospital for a few more days after suffering from an eye infection and "continuing hypertension", his doctor said.
Berlusconi was admitted last week at the San Raffaele hospital in Milan.
He will possibly stay at the hospital until the weekend, his doctor Alberto Zangrillo said.
Despite his health problems, Berlusconi presided over a meeting of his People of Freedom Party at the hospital Thursday, after last month`s election produced a hung parliament.
The new Parliament is due to sit for the first time Friday and begin electing presidents for the lower house and the Senate.
Berlusconi is on trial in Milan on charges of paying for sex with an underage dancer, Moroccan-born Karima El Mahroug, and abuse of office to try and cover up the liaison.
The trial has been postponed until he is well enough to attend. The next hearing is due March 18 and a sentence is expected March 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble