Silvio Berlusconi to stay in hospital
Milan: Former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi will stay in hospital for a few more days after suffering from an eye infection and "continuing hypertension", his doctor said.
Berlusconi was admitted last week at the San Raffaele hospital in Milan.
He will possibly stay at the hospital until the weekend, his doctor Alberto Zangrillo said.
Despite his health problems, Berlusconi presided over a meeting of his People of Freedom Party at the hospital Thursday, after last month`s election produced a hung parliament.
The new Parliament is due to sit for the first time Friday and begin electing presidents for the lower house and the Senate.
Berlusconi is on trial in Milan on charges of paying for sex with an underage dancer, Moroccan-born Karima El Mahroug, and abuse of office to try and cover up the liaison.
The trial has been postponed until he is well enough to attend. The next hearing is due March 18 and a sentence is expected March 25.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'