Loucas Louca said on Monday that the case was "very sensitive”, and although the actions were not similar, "some patterns of his behaviour were the same with that of the terrorist in the Bulgarian terrorist attack”.
He declined to give any further details because he said the investigation is ongoing.
A Cyprus court today renewed a police detention request against the 24-year-old suspect who was arrested two weeks ago following a tip from foreign intelligence agencies.
Bulgarian officials continue to investigate last week's suicide bombing.
Nicosia: Cyprus Justice Minister Loucas Louca says a man held on suspicion of helping to plan attacks against Israeli tourists on his country displayed similar behavioural patterns to a suicide bomber who killed six in a Bulgarian seaside resort, but has not drawn any links between the two.
First Published: Monday, July 23, 2012, 23:21