`Similarities between Bulgaria terrorist, Cyprus suspect`
Nicosia: Cyprus Justice Minister Loucas Louca says a man held on suspicion of helping to plan attacks against Israeli tourists on his country displayed similar behavioural patterns to a suicide bomber who killed six in a Bulgarian seaside resort, but has not drawn any links between the two.
Loucas Louca said on Monday that the case was "very sensitive”, and although the actions were not similar, "some patterns of his behaviour were the same with that of the terrorist in the Bulgarian terrorist attack”.
He declined to give any further details because he said the investigation is ongoing.
A Cyprus court today renewed a police detention request against the 24-year-old suspect who was arrested two weeks ago following a tip from foreign intelligence agencies.
Bulgarian officials continue to investigate last week`s suicide bombing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees