`Similarities between Bulgaria terrorist, Cyprus suspect`
Nicosia: Cyprus Justice Minister Loucas Louca says a man held on suspicion of helping to plan attacks against Israeli tourists on his country displayed similar behavioural patterns to a suicide bomber who killed six in a Bulgarian seaside resort, but has not drawn any links between the two.
Loucas Louca said on Monday that the case was "very sensitive”, and although the actions were not similar, "some patterns of his behaviour were the same with that of the terrorist in the Bulgarian terrorist attack”.
He declined to give any further details because he said the investigation is ongoing.
A Cyprus court today renewed a police detention request against the 24-year-old suspect who was arrested two weeks ago following a tip from foreign intelligence agencies.
Bulgarian officials continue to investigate last week`s suicide bombing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio