`Similarities between Bulgaria terrorist, Cyprus suspect`
Nicosia: Cyprus Justice Minister Loucas Louca says a man held on suspicion of helping to plan attacks against Israeli tourists on his country displayed similar behavioural patterns to a suicide bomber who killed six in a Bulgarian seaside resort, but has not drawn any links between the two.
Loucas Louca said on Monday that the case was "very sensitive”, and although the actions were not similar, "some patterns of his behaviour were the same with that of the terrorist in the Bulgarian terrorist attack”.
He declined to give any further details because he said the investigation is ongoing.
A Cyprus court today renewed a police detention request against the 24-year-old suspect who was arrested two weeks ago following a tip from foreign intelligence agencies.
Bulgarian officials continue to investigate last week`s suicide bombing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble