Singapore issues arrest warrant for Briton in vandalism case
Singapore: Singapore police said they want to
arrest a British man they believe could have vandalised a
metro train, as his alleged accomplice awaited trial under the
island state`s tough laws.
Swiss business consultant Oliver Fricker posted 100,000
Singapore dollars (71,000 USD) bail yesterday after appearing
in court charged with daubing elaborate graffiti on a train,
for which he could be jailed, fined and whipped with a wooden
Now police in the famously-strict city say they think he
may not have acted alone.
"Police investigations disclosed that there is an
accomplice who is at large," a spokeswoman for the Singapore
Police Force told.
"The identity of the accomplice has been established to
be one Lloyd Dane Alexander... Police have applied for a
warrant of arrest which the... court has granted," the
Police said Alexander left Singapore before the incident
was reported to authorities on May 19 and they declined to
comment on local media reports that the British national may
have flown to Hong Kong.
Singapore`s Straits Times has suggested that Fricker
could be part of a group of underground graffiti artists
targeting metro trains around the world.
Vandalism is punishable by up to three years` jail or a
maximum fine of 2,000 Singapore dollars, plus three to eight
strokes of a wooden cane, a punishment dating from British
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed