Singapore reports first H1N1 flu-related death
Singapore: Singapore reported its first
death related to H1N1 influenza on Saturday after a 49-year-old man
died from a heart attack while suffering from the new flu.
The Heath Ministry said the Singaporean man, who was
already suffering from diabetes, hypertension and high
cholesterol, had been suffering flu-like symptoms for four
days before he was admitted to hospital on Thursday.
"He died of a heart attack, contributed to by severe
pneumonia with underlying (H1N1) infection," the report said.
Singapore reported more than 1,000 infections before the
Health Ministry decided to stop issuing more data last week.
The virus`s effect has so far been mild, but it can be
severe or fatal for pregnant women and patients with serious
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation