Singapore to head anti-piracy flotilla in Gulf of Aden
Singapore: Singapore has taken over the command of an international anti-piracy naval flotilla in the Gulf of Aden, a media report said on Friday.
Singapore, which took over the task force stewardship yesterday from Pakistan, would coordinate counter-piracy operations with naval forces from the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation and other navies, the `Straits Times` reported.
Rear Admiral Harris Chan and 24 others from Singapore Armed Forces would lead four ships in the Combined Task Force 151 in and around the Gulf`s pirate-infested waters till June, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy