Singapore`s ex-PM Lee Kuan Yew discharged from hospital
Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore`s founding father, has been discharged from a hospital here after recovering from a stroke-like condition.
Eighty nine-year-old Lee was discharged from Singapore General Hospital and is resting at home, Channel News Asia reported, citing a statement from the Prime Minister`s Office.
The doctors were following up with him to optimise his anti-coagulation therapy To minimise the risk of further transient ischaemic attacks.
He was hospitalised for medications and observation following a suspected Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA) associated with a prolonged episode of atrial fibrillation or irregular heartbeat on Friday.
The statement did not say when he was discharged.
The TIA is a medical condition in which blood flow to a part of the brain stops for a brief period of time. A person would have stroke-like symptoms which clear in less than 24 hours, the statement said.
In 2010, Lee was hospitalised for chest infection.
Lee has served as Prime Minister of Singapore from 1959 to 1990, and stayed on as senior minister and then minister mentor in the subsequent governments.
He gave up ministerial position in the government after the May 2011 General Elections.
Lee is currently Member of Parliament for the Tanjong Pagar constituency which he has represented throughout his political career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack