Singapore`s ex-PM Lee Kuan Yew discharged from hospital
Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore`s founding father, has been discharged from a hospital here after recovering from a stroke-like condition.
Eighty nine-year-old Lee was discharged from Singapore General Hospital and is resting at home, Channel News Asia reported, citing a statement from the Prime Minister`s Office.
The doctors were following up with him to optimise his anti-coagulation therapy To minimise the risk of further transient ischaemic attacks.
He was hospitalised for medications and observation following a suspected Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA) associated with a prolonged episode of atrial fibrillation or irregular heartbeat on Friday.
The statement did not say when he was discharged.
The TIA is a medical condition in which blood flow to a part of the brain stops for a brief period of time. A person would have stroke-like symptoms which clear in less than 24 hours, the statement said.
In 2010, Lee was hospitalised for chest infection.
Lee has served as Prime Minister of Singapore from 1959 to 1990, and stayed on as senior minister and then minister mentor in the subsequent governments.
He gave up ministerial position in the government after the May 2011 General Elections.
Lee is currently Member of Parliament for the Tanjong Pagar constituency which he has represented throughout his political career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station
- Modi-inspired khadi outfits for Goa officials every Friday
- Uttar Pradesh Police personnel to get offs every 10 days
- Eight police killed in southeast Turkey car bomb attack: Report
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi