Singapore`s ex-PM Lee Kuan Yew discharged from hospital
Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore`s founding father, has been discharged from a hospital here after recovering from a stroke-like condition.
Eighty nine-year-old Lee was discharged from Singapore General Hospital and is resting at home, Channel News Asia reported, citing a statement from the Prime Minister`s Office.
The doctors were following up with him to optimise his anti-coagulation therapy To minimise the risk of further transient ischaemic attacks.
He was hospitalised for medications and observation following a suspected Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA) associated with a prolonged episode of atrial fibrillation or irregular heartbeat on Friday.
The statement did not say when he was discharged.
The TIA is a medical condition in which blood flow to a part of the brain stops for a brief period of time. A person would have stroke-like symptoms which clear in less than 24 hours, the statement said.
In 2010, Lee was hospitalised for chest infection.
Lee has served as Prime Minister of Singapore from 1959 to 1990, and stayed on as senior minister and then minister mentor in the subsequent governments.
He gave up ministerial position in the government after the May 2011 General Elections.
Lee is currently Member of Parliament for the Tanjong Pagar constituency which he has represented throughout his political career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened