Singapore`s ex-PM Lee Kuan Yew discharged from hospital
Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore`s founding father, has been discharged from a hospital here after recovering from a stroke-like condition.
Eighty nine-year-old Lee was discharged from Singapore General Hospital and is resting at home, Channel News Asia reported, citing a statement from the Prime Minister`s Office.
The doctors were following up with him to optimise his anti-coagulation therapy To minimise the risk of further transient ischaemic attacks.
He was hospitalised for medications and observation following a suspected Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA) associated with a prolonged episode of atrial fibrillation or irregular heartbeat on Friday.
The statement did not say when he was discharged.
The TIA is a medical condition in which blood flow to a part of the brain stops for a brief period of time. A person would have stroke-like symptoms which clear in less than 24 hours, the statement said.
In 2010, Lee was hospitalised for chest infection.
Lee has served as Prime Minister of Singapore from 1959 to 1990, and stayed on as senior minister and then minister mentor in the subsequent governments.
He gave up ministerial position in the government after the May 2011 General Elections.
Lee is currently Member of Parliament for the Tanjong Pagar constituency which he has represented throughout his political career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic