Singapore`s ex-PM Lee Kuan Yew discharged from hospital
Singapore: Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore`s founding father, has been discharged from a hospital here after recovering from a stroke-like condition.
Eighty nine-year-old Lee was discharged from Singapore General Hospital and is resting at home, Channel News Asia reported, citing a statement from the Prime Minister`s Office.
The doctors were following up with him to optimise his anti-coagulation therapy To minimise the risk of further transient ischaemic attacks.
He was hospitalised for medications and observation following a suspected Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA) associated with a prolonged episode of atrial fibrillation or irregular heartbeat on Friday.
The statement did not say when he was discharged.
The TIA is a medical condition in which blood flow to a part of the brain stops for a brief period of time. A person would have stroke-like symptoms which clear in less than 24 hours, the statement said.
In 2010, Lee was hospitalised for chest infection.
Lee has served as Prime Minister of Singapore from 1959 to 1990, and stayed on as senior minister and then minister mentor in the subsequent governments.
He gave up ministerial position in the government after the May 2011 General Elections.
Lee is currently Member of Parliament for the Tanjong Pagar constituency which he has represented throughout his political career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!