Six charged with terrorism offences in Britain
London: Six people from Birmingham, the second largest city of Britain, were charged with terrorism offences Sunday evening following a counter-terrorism operation, reports said.
The four men had been charged with preparing for an act of terrorism, and two with failing to disclose information, a statement released by West Midlands Police said.
One of the men has additionally been charged with terrorist fund-raising, while the seventh will until Thursday to be charged, released or applied for further warrant of detention, the statement said.
The six charged will appear at West London Magistrates Court Monday afternoon.
Among the charged, Ashik Ali, 26, was accused of preparing for an act of terrorism, which involved planning a bombing campaign, providing premises for the planning of terrorist attack and stating an intention to be a suicide bomber.
The arrests were made during a major, pre-planned and intelligence-led operation carried out by the West Midlands counter terrorism unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC