Six charged with terrorism offences in Britain
London: Six people from Birmingham, the second largest city of Britain, were charged with terrorism offences Sunday evening following a counter-terrorism operation, reports said.
The four men had been charged with preparing for an act of terrorism, and two with failing to disclose information, a statement released by West Midlands Police said.
One of the men has additionally been charged with terrorist fund-raising, while the seventh will until Thursday to be charged, released or applied for further warrant of detention, the statement said.
The six charged will appear at West London Magistrates Court Monday afternoon.
Among the charged, Ashik Ali, 26, was accused of preparing for an act of terrorism, which involved planning a bombing campaign, providing premises for the planning of terrorist attack and stating an intention to be a suicide bomber.
The arrests were made during a major, pre-planned and intelligence-led operation carried out by the West Midlands counter terrorism unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?