Six charged with terrorism offences in Britain
London: Six people from Birmingham, the second largest city of Britain, were charged with terrorism offences Sunday evening following a counter-terrorism operation, reports said.
The four men had been charged with preparing for an act of terrorism, and two with failing to disclose information, a statement released by West Midlands Police said.
One of the men has additionally been charged with terrorist fund-raising, while the seventh will until Thursday to be charged, released or applied for further warrant of detention, the statement said.
The six charged will appear at West London Magistrates Court Monday afternoon.
Among the charged, Ashik Ali, 26, was accused of preparing for an act of terrorism, which involved planning a bombing campaign, providing premises for the planning of terrorist attack and stating an intention to be a suicide bomber.
The arrests were made during a major, pre-planned and intelligence-led operation carried out by the West Midlands counter terrorism unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?