Six Chinese indicted for sex scandal
Beijing: Six people have been prosecuted for allegedly working together to blackmail government officials in the Chinese city of Chongqing with secretly recorded sex videos.
Xiao Ye, Xu Sheqing, Yan Peng, Wang Jianjun, Zhao Hongxia and Tan Linling were charged with extortion Monday, according to a statement issued by the local authorities, reports Xinhua.
The case was rendered to the Yubei District People`s Court for a hearing, prosecutors said Wednesday.
Investigators found that the group, led by Xiao, lured officials into having sex with women and secretly recorded their encounters in order to blackmail them from 2008 to 2009.
In January 2013, 10 government officials and heads of state-owned enterprises in Chongqing were sacked for their involvement in sex videos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video