Six Chinese indicted for sex scandal
Beijing: Six people have been prosecuted for allegedly working together to blackmail government officials in the Chinese city of Chongqing with secretly recorded sex videos.
Xiao Ye, Xu Sheqing, Yan Peng, Wang Jianjun, Zhao Hongxia and Tan Linling were charged with extortion Monday, according to a statement issued by the local authorities, reports Xinhua.
The case was rendered to the Yubei District People`s Court for a hearing, prosecutors said Wednesday.
Investigators found that the group, led by Xiao, lured officials into having sex with women and secretly recorded their encounters in order to blackmail them from 2008 to 2009.
In January 2013, 10 government officials and heads of state-owned enterprises in Chongqing were sacked for their involvement in sex videos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Complete list of Men in Blue's 16-man squad
- IPL 2016: Kieron Pollard expresses shock over Dwayne Bravo's fine, calls it 'ridiculous'
- IPL 9 VIDEO: Guess who led Kolkata Knight Riders' playoffs celebrations!
- Salman Khan flexes his muscles in new 'Sultan' still! See pic
- Answering machine, chats on QR code coming soon on WhatsApp!