Six Chinese indicted for sex scandal
Beijing: Six people have been prosecuted for allegedly working together to blackmail government officials in the Chinese city of Chongqing with secretly recorded sex videos.
Xiao Ye, Xu Sheqing, Yan Peng, Wang Jianjun, Zhao Hongxia and Tan Linling were charged with extortion Monday, according to a statement issued by the local authorities, reports Xinhua.
The case was rendered to the Yubei District People`s Court for a hearing, prosecutors said Wednesday.
Investigators found that the group, led by Xiao, lured officials into having sex with women and secretly recorded their encounters in order to blackmail them from 2008 to 2009.
In January 2013, 10 government officials and heads of state-owned enterprises in Chongqing were sacked for their involvement in sex videos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye